Don't let the long instructions fool you! These are actually quite easy to put together.
1. Bring pot of water to boil; add noodles and cook for 5-7 minutes (box might say 8 minutes, ignore that). Drain and set aside.
2. Sprinkle sugar on carrots in a small bowl, mix, let stand 15 minutes to soften.
3. Prepare lettuce, cilantro, and mint, putting each in a separate small bowl.
4. Add sesame oil and squeeze of lime juice to the rice noodles; mix gently to coat.
5. Pour hot (not boiling) water in a large shallow bowl. ONE AT A TIME, immerse the the wrappers in the water. Remove quickly, laying on a flat surface ( such as a large plate or cutting board), with one point of the square towards you. The wrapper will soften and become pliable within seconds, while you are placing the vegetable filling on it.
6. Add a small amount of filling ingredients from each bowl in a pile on the bottom third of the wrapper. Don't over fill the wrapper or it will tear.
7. Carefully fold bottom point up over the wrapper, and roll one turn away from yourself, tucking it tightly. Fold in sides, and continue rolling ( like a burrito!). If using chives, tuck them in just before you finish rolling, so that they show through and stick out the end a little.
8. Cover with a damp cloth to keep moist. Serve with peanut sauce, ginger sesame dressing, soy sauce, or tamari sauce.